New Parent Involvement and Engagement Presentation
- Check pin on BeAScout.org
- Logon to your myscouting.org
- The “Primary contact information” refers to whom the unit has chosen to be the lead their recruiting efforts.
- Troopmaster Advancement Chair Basics
- Creating a Troopmaster export file so that ScoutNet is in sync.
- Introducing the ScoutBook App
Online Advancement Reporting
- Proper Communication of Requirements to Scouts
- Positions used are based on Unit needs, not because there is a patch available
- Scoutmaster Assigned Leadership Projects for rank advancement are an unused resource
- Assign Mentors to provide the individual guidance needed for scouts to be successful
- SWOT Analysis
- Identify Unique Selling Point
- Identify Your Target Audience
- Create a Marketing Theme
- Target Key Leverage Points
Why We Recognize Adults
1. Keep Volunteers
–When people feel appreciated and important, they are more likely to feel connected to the program and continue their involvement.
2. Advance Program Excellence
–People working toward specific awards improves scouting
3. Sets the Example
–Part of leadership is recognizing efforts
–Inspires others to join your team
The Unit Leader Award of Merit replaces the Scoutmaster, Varsity Team Coach, and Venturing Crew Advisor award of merit programs. This new recognition has revised requirements and may be earned by Cubmasters as well.
Training Awards for Adult Leaders in Units
The training awards are designed to recognize unit Scouters for tenure, training, and performance in their leadership roles.
Unit Leader Key
The keys are designed to recognize unit leaders for tenure, training, and performance in their leadership roles.
- Beginning January 2016, Duty to God will be incorporated in the requirement to show Scout Spirit
- Scouting does not define what constitutes a belief in God
- In conducting Scouting activities, encourage all Scouts to grow in their own religious beliefs and faiths.